Friday, June 8, 2007

I Blame The Market...

So by now you all know my topic for the documentary is "Preteens dress to inappropriate". And throughout all the interviews we've conducted and through my own opinion I've found that preteens are dressing the way they are because of what is on the market. Not because its cheap, not because their friends have influenced them but because of the market. I took the time to personally browse the stores at the mall and all there seemed to be was short skirts and shorts, clothing with provocative writing, low cut tops, and belly shirts. It is my beliefe that preteens are purchasing these articles of clothing because for there age group that is all there is to buy. I think if the markets start a revolution and implement more suitable clothing into their store it will largely decrease rape and the amount of children missing. Preteens will have a positive outlook on life, and have more self esteem.

2 comments:

enigma said...

I definitely think that the clothing market is awful for preteens, the clothes that the majority wear is extremely disgusting, for a child to wear clothes that an adult should be wearing repulses me. However I do think that not only is it based on the market but also their friends. I think that peer pressure and wanting to be excepted is a huge part of why the market is producing these clothes.

MzQbit said...

Also ... where does the market get their ideas from .....

the media. Hence, the importance of this class.